“Death, taxes and childbirth! There's never a convenient time for any of them.”
-Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
If you’re like most people, your taxes represent one of your largest annual expenses, yet often little or no planning is done to minimize your tax bill. Careful tax preparation and planning can free up money that you can use to achieve your goals. As a Registered Tax Preparer, John will work with you throughout the year, not just when it’s time to prepare your return to ensure you receive every deduction you are lawfully entitled to.
Proactive tax planning can have significant positive impacts on your tax liability. Instead of just calculating your taxes in April and hoping for the best, Mutual Advantage, LLC is tax-focused in planning recommendations throughout the year. Part of tax planning includes a tax projection in the Fall of each year so there are no surprises come April, and so there is time to take final actions to affect your liability. We can bring clarity to the following example tax questions or any others you may have:
- Should I contribute to a tax-deferred or an after-tax retirement account?
- Should I have taxes withheld from my Social Security payments?
- We're thinking about selling a rental property, what are the tax implications and when does it make sense to do this?
- We would like to sell some stock from our portfolio but don't know if it should be the stocks we purchased, inherited, or were granted from work?
- We have 2 kids and need to understand how to maximize the child credit and dependent care deduction?
Your annual income tax preparation is included in the retainer fee. Mutual Advantage, LLC will use your records to prepare your tax return, and after your review we will submit it to the IRS and applicable states via e-file. You can say goodbye to hours of frustration with your home tax software or visiting a retailer who doesn't really know you and your financial situation. Also, if your documents are provided by Mutual Advantage, LLC's deadline each year, your tax return will be filed on-time. No more 11th hour stress or filing an extension!